Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My aunt's are stars

I wanted to share this link with every one. My dear Aunt Lee Vieburg is a star. She was part of a segment on our local TV Chanel. the segment is interviews with several Seniors who lived through the depression and their concerns for us living through it today. Sadly the segment is only a few minutes, really should be at least an hour long show. The Seniors who have been through the hardest of times have so much they can offer us. http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=537876&catid=14 Go to the feature titled: "Survivors of Great Depression bring perspective to current crisis".

My Aunt lee is our family historian. She joyfully tells f the lives of relatives who are no longer here, she tells of her childhood and stories of my mom when she was little. Her stories can make you laugh till you have tears running down your face as she always sees the humor in things. She also passes along her great wisdom and insight to life as well. I am blessed to have her as my aunt.

Really, I am very blessed by all my aunts. Each of my aunts have blessed me in so many ways, they each have helped shape me into the person I am today. My aunt Loraie' taught compassion and poise. She always thinks of others and tries to make them comfortable and welcomed. Aunt Betty, I am perhaps the most like her, love of crafts, nature, herbs and not worrying about having the cleanest House, LOL. Aunt Darlene, giving and kindness and the giving of the gifts God blessed her with. Aunt Marlene, Strength, love, good out look on life even when things are not the best, courage. My only complaints about my aunts is not being able to see them enough. They are wonderful ladies and I do mean ladies too. I am greatly blessed to have such wonderful women in my life.

My mom has blessed me over and over, she is a combination of all those traits. She taught my sisters and I well what being a woman means. We are all strong capable women. She is not only my mom but also one of my dearest friends.

I am blessed.


Kimi

No comments: