Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday he 30th

Chicken's in the oven with lots of onions, sage, salt and pepper. Potatoes are in with the chicken and are covered with olive oil, s & p, rosemary, onion powder. Num, house smells wonderful! The onions will be put in the blender with the juices and a bit of flour to make a gravy. Should be pretty good. Wish I had some carrots to put in with it all but I don't.

Tried making Italian bread today too. It is rising perfectly. It will need to be put int he oven soon. I am wanting to make some other types of bread as I love crusty breads. I have even thought I should make beget bread daily so it is always fresh. But then I think better as I really do not have the time.

No big plans for the weekend, just might rest some. I also have a quilt top I am nearly done with and hope to finish this week end as well. It will be a tie quilt as I do not want to quilt it. It is made from flannel and will be an extra one for company.

I need to get going on a nice one for our bed. Seems like hubby and I are always fighting over blankets in our sleep. I tend to loose. I get all sheet and he gets all blankets! Not god when we turn the heat down to 60 at night and I have the window on my side of the bed cracked open.

Lately I have been taking a hot water bottle to bed to keep at my feet. I have been having problems with nurothropthy and the burning pain seems less if I have hot feet. Strange since I normally like to have my feet uncovered. My grandson has fallen in love with my hot water bottle. He has to have it on his feet when he lays down for his naps. He thinks it is the greatest thing. Then if he is watching TV he wants it too. This is the boy who never gets cold. Said I should get him his own for his birthday that is coming up in March.

I need to get some of my pictures up loaded from my camera so I can put them up here. I have ones of my making bread will post them with my bread recipe.

My dad is doing so much better NOW that they put him on a new med for the seizures. He has not had one since the only one he had in August. That was how we found out he had lung cancer, it had gone to his brain. His cancer is the kind that comes only from smoking. When he was a young man and started smoking they promoted it as healthy. Sadly we have learned else wise since then.

Guess I should get going and finish my cleaning for the day. Then I can relax and knit tonight. I have been keeping up on my goals of knitting at least one dish cloth a week and then one quilt a month. I need to finish the one or I'll be behind on the quilts! Yikes! I have 10 dish cloths though so I am good there.

I read the first chapter in Romans today. Strange at how things hit you anew even though you have ready it 20 times or more. I like the book of Romans. I do plan on doing James next.

Oh I nearly forget to tell about the bird the kids found out side of church yesterday when we were leaving from bible study. It is a House Finch and has an eye problem. From what I have read it is a form of pink eye for birds. But the eyes get gooped up and they can not see. So I am now nursing him back to health bu washing the goop off and applying antibiotic ointment and coconut oil. He is a pretty little bird. Need to find a cage for him though. Just what I needed, another bird! But I am a softy for animals. We have named him Paul since Paul of the bible had eye afflictions and so does this little bird.

Kimi

No comments: